top of page
Arbutus school.jpg
Arbutus: Image
arbutus.jpg

ARBUTUS

SD 3178
1916 – 1962
SE 33 – 38 – 6 – W5

In early years students were schooled in whatever building was available. This school, originally a mile south on NW 22, was taken apart and moved to SE 33. However, it was reassembled with the windows on the west instead of the east and had to be redone. It served as Arbutus School until 1962, then became the community center. During that time the student population grew and some students were relocated to a log house on the north side of Highway 11. Following the closure of the school, all students were bussed to Rocky Mountain House.

Arbutus: Projects
bottom of page